Toys, games and interactive art for sale, plus food stalls and drop-in workshops and performances throughout the day.
Join us for the Waltham Forest Games Market! There’ll be toys, games and interactive art for sale, plus food stalls, games to play, and drop-in workshops and performances throughout the day.
There’s free activities including:
- Street Tape Games from Chad Toprak and Helen Kwok, an artist duo specialising in playful installations, experimental games, and public play activations
- Verbal Kabaddi from Thukral & Tagra, an artist duo who work on new formats of public engagement and attempt to expand the scope of what art can do
- Hula-Hooping demos and workshops from Marawa’s Majorettes, a Guinness World Record holding hoop troupe from East London
- All sorts of wooden games from Play Wooden, who encourage communities to come together and unite via play
- Sound Test, a videogame music challenge, by Amad Ilyas
- A penalty shootout challenge from Dalmage Active
- A new fairground game from Oubliette Design, who design and produce immersive experiences, games and escape rooms
- The game Metaform by Hamish MacPherson, run by Alexandra Baybutt
- Flash courses in how to juggle from Circus Kids UK
Plus there’s vendors, selling their wares and in some cases running even more games, including:
- Bez Shahriari, selling card games and running drop-in games for visitors
- Geek Retreat, selling card games and running try-it-out card game sessions
- Get Your Game On, demo-ing and selling tabletop games and puzzles
- Johnny Chiodini with small-scale RPG booklets
- Paul Petit selling toys
- Rowan, Rook and Decard, selling RPGs
- Sweet Paper Creations selling piñatas and running free make-your-own-piñata workshops
- The Goblin’s Chest with playful objects and running quick try-it-out RPG sessions
- Viviane Schwarz and Kevan Davis with their book “Board Games to Create and Play”
- Play Wooden with home-scale versions of their wooden toys and games
Drop by for a coffee or something to eat, browse the stalls, and join us for a game or two (or more)!
Walthamstow Sunday Social, who are collaborating with Jump on this market, is a weekly market which was founded in 2018 with the aim of supporting independent and emerging vendors. The market quickly evolved and continues to expand and draw high volume footfall.